The problem of marriage failure has reached a worrisome dimension in the world. Men and women could have turned to the church for solutions but christian marriages are collapsing at an alarming rate. It is important to examine thoroughly the reasons for marriage failure.
Marriage is so important that we must seek a very clear understanding of what it is all about. The issue of marriage goes beyond going to the altar. After a couple has finished saying “I do”, the journey of marriage has just started.
Goethe once said, “The sum which two married people owe to one another defies calculation. It is an infinite debt, which can only be discharged through eternity “.
Marriage is a life time affair; it is an issue of life or death as well as commitment and sacrifice. It becomes clear, therefore that the difference between success and failure can be found in little things that we neglect. Let us then examine some words of wisdom that bother on why marriage fails
Few Reasons of Marriage failure
1. Marriage fail because of lack of commitment to the success of marriage on the part of husbands and wives. It is easier to succeed in other areas of life than to achieve success in marriage.
A lot of people are respected as a result of outstanding qualities and exceptional achievement have suffered broken homes. These people are committed to building Business Empires and this takes almost all their time and energy. The little time remaining for them is their worn out period when there is no strength left for them to care for their families. These men though succeed as businessmen; they fail woefully as responsible fathers and loving husbands. That is why the bible says, “Great men are not always wise: nor do the aged understand justice” (job 32:9).
2. Some husbands and wives fail because of their failure to learn from experience of others. Those that succeed in the area of marriage are generally those who succeed where others fail. You must learn to turn examples of failures to your own personal success. Your marriage will only work when you begin to learn to succeed in the areas where others have failed.
Do you always tag those whose marriage failed as ‘people without vision’? Listen to the word of God: “therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fail” (1 Corinthians 10:12).
How do you understand that warning? If your marriage is smooth today don’t mock those whose marriage have failed. Rather, learn from their mistakes. This will insure your marriage against failure.
3. Marriages fail because we take a lot of things for granted. If you ever listen to stories of divorce you will discover that ugly situations took place because of the failure of husbands and wives to take note of seemingly insignificant matters. Do not take any issue in your marriage for granted.
To Build A Happy Marriage a person needs to
1. Communicate openly, honestly and Lovingly about your problems and differences.
2. Speak to your spouse in a kind manner, considerate manner, Avoid out burst of anger, nagging ad harsh critical remarks.
3. Confine sexual interest exclusively to your spouse.
4. Study God’s word and pray along with your partner on a regular basis and pray to God for help and guidance in resolving problems.
keep in mind that you are the way you see yourself and if you can picture success in your heart you will be successful. Hurting someone does not cure your own hurt and if you fail to appreciate, you will depreciate
You cannot make your vision, your vision will make you. Recognition of your dominant weakness will help you avoid disgrace, loss and tragedy
My name is Yoyo Solomon popularly known as SLON, I am an assertive person, a Developer,media personnel, publisher and CEO of www.theowlnews.com.ng and a person willing to serve humanity. You can reach me via: WhatsApp +2348112044593
PAY ATTENTION: Share your Outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through Editor - click here